Common Types Of Car Accidents In Gainesville
Car accidents are a common phenomenon in Gainesville, due to which nearly 22,700 passenger vehicle occupants lose their lives yearly while several suffer from injuries. If you have been a victim of the latter, you will know how the medical bills can pile up instantly. This situation may demand you seek help from a Gainesville, GA car accident lawyer to know your options to receive compensation.
Most Common Types Of Car Accidents In Gainesville
- Head-on collision – Caused primarily by drunk or distracted drivers, this is the most dangerous type of accident in which one vehicle hits another by crossing the median.
- Rollover accidents – An abrupt maneuver is usually the cause of rollover accidents in which the vehicle topples and ends up on its side.
- Rear-end collisions – This is very common and happens when one vehicle collides against the rear-end of another due to a loss of control. You can get a GA car accident lawyer to ensure you get adequate compensation for an accident where you had no fault.
- Hit and run accidents – Happen when the vehicle at fault leaves the scene without taking any responsibility or providing contact information.
- Single-vehicle crashes – Involve a single vehicle when it collides with a tree, a building, a signpost, etc. It can occur due to drunk driving or if the driver is drowsy.
- Side-impact accidents – This happens when the front of a car crashes against the side of another. It is commonly known as T-bone or broadside crashes.
- Chain-reaction accidents – This takes place as a result of two vehicles crashing against one another and leading to several other accidents.
- No-contact accident – This is what people mean when they say that the other driver drove them off the road. It happens due to some distracting actions of the other driver even though the two-vehicle have no contact.
- Ride-share accidents – Rideshare vehicles are vehicles like Uber, Lyft, etc., and any accidents involving them are called ride-share accidents.
- Parking-lot accidents – Accidents are common in the parking lot when a driver is backing out. There are high chances of the car slightly crashing against another or even causing a major accident.
Even if you are a passenger and not a driver injured in either of these accidents, you have an equal right to compensation. And your GA car accident lawyer will ensure you get what is due.
What Are Some Of The Common Factors That Cause Accidents?
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Speaking on the phone while driving
- Wrong-way driving
- Taking turns where it is prohibited
- Disobeying traffic rules
- Extreme weather conditions like a hailstorm or a cyclone
- Poor road conditions
- Defect or damage in automobile parts
- Drowsy driving
This list is very limited as many more factors cause accidents, and at times like these, you need a skilled GA car accident lawyer to investigate the matter.
What Evidence To Investigate After A Car Accident In Gainesville?
As a fault state, Georgia allows victims of car accidents to claim liability from those at fault. And one can simply do this with guidance from a car accident lawyer.
The lawyer will look into evidence such as:
- Photos and videos from the site of the accident
- The police report
- CCTV footage
- Witness testimony and statements
- The kind of damage caused to the different vehicles involved
- Statements from accident reconstruction experts
The judiciary system in Georgia scrutinizes the role of all the vehicles involved in the accident to decide the amount of compensation. The injured individuals will be barred from compensation if the authority finds them 51% or more at fault.